Thursday 1 March 2012

I Bought My First Aubergine

Hello world! 

Yes you read correctly. Today I purchased my first ever aubergine. 
WHAT?!!! I hear many of you say. Well, sadly, it is 100% true. The only problem is, what to do with it. I'm sure I'll think of something. Roast it? That seems to be the answer to all my vegetable related problems at the moment.

Anyway, Hi Again!

Wow! Its been a long time since I last blogged. That just proves how uneventful my life has been. Well it's not been completely uneventful. I have been on holiday to Lanzarote and had a wee phone call from ITV....... got your attention now haven't I?

I shall begin with my jaunt to Lanzarote and yes, of course, Yellow did indeed stow away in the depths of my suitcase. Had a really nice time with the family. Just time to chill out with them and have a few early morning Gins with the mother. Can't grumble with that one now, can you?

The only problem was getting there mainly. As we were delayed an hour or six. Maybe seven. Due to fly at 1:30pm. Didn't actually get up in the air til gone past seven. Anyway since we had been at the airport since from 11 in the morning so we had to do something to entertain ourselves. OBVIOUSLY we did the usual shop round terminal two but, lets face it, it ain't no shopping mall now is it. So, as in typical Green family fashion, we ended up in the bar for a couple of hours. After hours of playing cards for Rowntree's Randoms and helping mother decipher the first puzzle in her Arrow-Word (not an easy task), we descended on Frankie & Benny's with our £5 vouchers. All I can say is that I'm glad we got money off. Eventually we were on the plane and on our way. Minus the snow on the wings of the plane.  

When we arrived, the weather was a little, well, freezing. And the breeze was slightly, erm, forceful. But after a day or so, we could lose the duffle coats and exchange them for a our swim stuff so good times all round. Even Yellow had a brilliant time. See:


 

Oh and they had cake which was really an added bonus :)

So onto my bigger news regarding the little meeting myself and the gang will be having with ITV in the next few weeks. Yes KEITH LEMON'S LEMONAID were interested in my application for the show.

Basically, for those of you who aren't aware of what the TV Show's about, it's basically a fresh and new take on the classic 'Jim Will Fix It' TV Show hosted by the very late and great Sir Jimmy Saville. The application had to state a certain wish I may have that I would like Keith to make come true (if that makes sense?) 

So now I bet you're wondering what my wish is...

I don't know if many of you remember my first blog when I talked about our New Years Resolutions? Well I wrote to the show discussing our situation when it comes to breaking our world record attempt for the longest marathon bouncing on a bouncy castle. The current record stands at 26 hours (I think) with a team of 5 people. We have a team of 8 and are aiming for around 48-50 hours. But we need Keith's help to fulfil our little wish and possibly get Keith involved as well. Another one of our resolutions is to get on a TV Game Show. So you can imagine that when I saw the advert for the TV Show, I immediately thought two birds one stone. BOOM. Hopefully, the people at ITV will pick us to go on the show and fulfil our wish. 

Keep your fingers crossed for us, people!




No comments:

Post a Comment