Wednesday 25 January 2012

Never Eat Food that Resembles Belly-Button Fluff.

So, as most evening's are at the Colville Road household, housemates gather in the kitchen at around 8/9pm to cater up some of the finest cuisine to ever bless this household. I was catering up some of Asda's finest 'Chosen By You' range, Cod Fishcakes with steamed fresh vegetables. My dark haired Fearne Cotton looking chum from yonder way, who goes by the name of Clare, was making some kind of vegetable thing along with a substance she claimed to be called 'Quinoa'.


Now for those of you who are not sure what 'Quinoa' is, here is a little insight to what it is. 'Quinoa', pronounced kinwa, is a grain-like crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. Not to be confused with the hit 1992 album, 'Quinoa' by the German band Tangerine Dream.


Pre-cooked, it looked reasonably edible. Sort of bird-seed looking, of you're into that kind of thing. But after it has been cooked is another kettle of fish. Now, I'm not going to beat about the bush, but it looked like something I would have found deep in the darkest depths of my belly button. Then I was proposed with trying some of it and I thought, "Oh well, in for a penny, in for  pound" and dug in for a try of the questionably healthy belly fluff.


It was, in a word, awful. Like a sour mush. Sorry, not something I will be trying again. I don't care how healthy it is for you. Nothing that healthy should make you want die inside. End of. But I tried it. It was sort of something new. Something new that I will never eat again.


So, healthy sour belly fluff aside. THE FIRST ADVENTURE IS OFFICIALLY BOOKED.


Yes, on the 15th May 2012, myself and two other of my buddies will be jetting off the Marrakesh, Morocco for a couple of days where we plan to explore the city, sleep on the roof of a hostel and trek into the Sahara Desert with the help of Camels. The trek does have the potential to start with an 8 hour bus ride into the Atlas Mountains with one toilet stop, but we are considering going with Omar and his Land Rover/Jeep style transport so that we can stop as often as we want to take photos etc. 


But what will you do in the desert? I hear you ask. We do have plans to do such activities such as Sand boarding and such but the most exciting thing I'm looking forward to is watching the sun go down and see the stars come out. Some people say it's as if someone has thrown silver glitter onto the sky. People just camp out all night just counting the shooting stars. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I've already planned to nickname my camel Barry. Quite a Camelly name really, isn't it?


Of course, Yellow will be coming with me, all the way. When I told him, he went straight upstairs and started packing! Don't believe me? See for yourself:







No comments:

Post a Comment