Friday 6 January 2012

The Kindness and Love of Little People

So as you all know my New Years resolution is to say Yes to more stuff this year including going on more worldly adventures. Since my last blog to you all, I have already begun to plan my first few ventures of 2012. Some at home and some away.


But before I go into a bit more about those various adventures, I have a new friend for you all to meet. Yellow.




Yellow is one of five characters at M&M's World. For those who don't know me (if any), just to clarify that my current occupation at the present time is the Yellow M&M at the M&M's World Store in London's Leicester Square. For those who don't know Yellow, he's clumsy and dimwitted whilst the same time, loveable and cuddly. He always knows how to see the good in things and no matter how bad a situation can get, he will no doubt be always, and I mean ALWAYS, be sporting a warm smile. 


Now on this day, whilst waddling around the store in the suit, making everyone laugh and smile, I managed to make a friend in form of a 6-7 year old little girl who fell completely in love with Yellow. No matter where he went in store, she followed but was polite and well mannered enough to stand back and let other people have a photograph or have a quick cuddle, which is quite rare when it comes to dealing with kids under the influence of various E numbers. A bit like dealing with Frankie Cocozza on a more daily basis. Not that I've had to deal with him at all, but you catch my drift. Kids are daft. Anyway, as soon as she was able to grab the opportunity, she was straight back in there, holding Yellow's hand and drowning him with cuddles once again.


Around 5 minutes before my buddy, Emma, had to take Yellow from the shop floor and return him to the comfortable cupboard where the rest of his friends peacefully reside, she and her mum came dashing towards us, clutching a horde of M&M's bags. The little girl reached inside one of them and presented Yellow with a mini version of himself as a present. Straight away, I assumed that she was just showing him what she had bought but had actually physically bought it as a present for Yellow. Emma, by this point overwhelmed with emotion and on the brink of tears due to this random act of pure kindness and love, tried to get the little girl to keep it as a way of remembering Yellow by trying to say that wherever she went he would go with her. It wasn't until the mother told us that if Yellow didn't take the gift, she would probably cry therefore Yellow had no option but to happily accept it. This made that little girl the happiest person in the world at that moment in time, which, I must admit, made me feel slightly over emotional. Its amazing how much love such a small person like that can give.


I bet you're wondering how all this has got to do with the New Years Resolution. Well, basically over the past few days myself and young(ish) ClareBear have been discussing our first adventure:


Marrakech and a Trek into The Sahara Desert.


Its an idea that has really grown on me and I can't wait to get the ball rolling on it. I've also been approached about another adventure, which is climbing Mount Snowdonia in Wales, with a few people at work in aid of Charity. A difficult one, I know, but it'll be a challenge I'm willing to face head on.


But wherever I go and whatever adventure it may be, Yellow will be there. Facing it with me. Sort of a confidence booster in a way. Something, that in a few years to a couple of decades time, I'll be able to look back at him and remember all the adventures we went on together and all the challenges we faced head on. Also, he'll be a bit of a conversation starter as well. And just prove that he's been on adventures, at each place I'll take a photo of him in action.


So, here's to the first adventure. Scott and Yellow. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment