Thursday 12 January 2012

Shake your whammin Fanny FUH-UNKY SONG

10 points goes to the person that can guess correctly where this lyric, in the title, comes from?!


Not much of a blog this time, but I just thought I'd let you all know that, on this very evening, I went out and tried something new. Nothing too drastic or adventurous, but something that in a sense, gets the ball rolling on this whole New Years Resolution malarky.


So this evening I attended my first ever Zumba class. Yes, indeed I did! And you know what, I loved it. It was so much fun! And didn't think I would actually sweat that much but from the state I was in, you would thought I would have been drowned. Multiples times.


For those of you who don't know about Zumba, basically its a new form of fitness combined with various types of Latin dance. But unlike any other dance class, you don't feel pressured to get every step or gesture spot on. In the words of our fitty instructor, Miss Laura Brown, as long as your having fun, getting the basics down and sweating lots, thats all that matters. Just to mention that this was her first EVER class since she qualified as an Instructor and she did amazingly well to say the crowd she was teaching was of various backgrounds and natures. One lady in particular.


I'm not going to go into any detail, but basically this one lady who was there was a little bit, lets say, snooty. Now we all knew that this was a brand new class being taught to us by a trained dancer. Now if we were doing something, like a certain stretch or whatnot, that wasn't good for us, we would expect the EXPERT to tell us what we are doing wrong and how we could correct it to make it better and easier for us to do. Oh no! Not this woman. Laura tried to help her out and she instantly gave up and muttered something, probably insulting, under breath. She just snatched up her water bottle, and from the looks of things, just gave up on the spot. Hopefully she won't turn up next week to lower the tone.


Anyway, rude middle-aged women aside, surprisingly, I got really into the whole thing. Gave everything a go, wholeheartedly and just basically had fun. No point doing things half arsed. In for a penny, in for a pound as I always say. I walked out of that studio feeling really good about myself. So, thank you Laura Brown for a fantastic class and I WILL be joining you again, hopefully, in the near future for some more Zumba fun.


And for those of you wondering if I took Yellow with me, then I'm sorry to disappoint. I had to check out the class to see if was safe for a Yellow Peanut M&M's to bound around in. Luckily I came to the verdict that it was completely M&M friendly, and if you are lucky I may even get you all a quick picture of him in Zumba action next time!


Thats all for now I'm afraid. Until next time!








OH! and the answer to the question at the start is:


SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH! 


What a golden oldie that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment