Monday 14 May 2012

Twas the night before Holiday......

Hello Strangers!

I bet you forgot about little old me now didn't you?

Apologises for the lack of posting in the past, erm..... ONE AND HALF MONTHS?!?! (whoops)
Just goes to show that my life has not had that much adventure since then.

So twas the eve of The Marrakech adventure. Indeed it twas. I've managed to get everything together and sorted with even time for a stunning new haircut compliments going the little Colombian girl in the hairdressers. What a legend she was. Even though at some points I was little concerned for the levelling of my hair due to the fact she was having a little trouble with reaching the top of my head. She should really invest in some form of step ladder or at least one of the stools you used to get as a child, that went by the sink, so you could reach your toothbrush in a morning without tearing mother away from her 24 cans of carlsberg to get it for you. (Joking my mother never drank in a morning- well hardly ever......LOVE YOU MOTHER).

Toothbrush. Just remembered I need to pack that, like now before I leave for my expedition. Anyway, we jet off the Marrakech tomorrow morning at 6am. Just myself,  Miss Laura Ann Brown and, the apple of my eye, Lady of the manor, Miss Clare Bethan Washington. So far I've been quite anxious to go because its going something brand new I've ever experienced. In fact, when we hit the Sahara in the next couple of days, its actually the first time EVER I will have gone camping. Like proper camping. Sleeping outside and everything. I remember when I was younger and in The Boy's Brigade (yes you heard correctly. Like a good little Christian Boy), they always used to take us on "camping trips" once a year. I say Camping. This was a lie. It was in fact two nights in some hostel on the outskirts of Blackpool or Fleetwood. What a con. Not a tent or campfire or whatever else you do whilst camping insight. Therefore I chose to discard these attempts of foolery and masquerade. First time camping out and its going to be in one of the driest and desolate places on the planet. YAAAAY.

Although I am excited for that, I'm also really geared up to get some really cheap knock off "souvenirs" from the famous Markets. In fact, yesterday whilst at work, I made a bet with one of the members of management who's off to Turkey today, another market capital of the world. We made the bet of finding something for each other on the market but the item in question has to be the most awful and most cheap thing in the entire world and it has to be haggled for. Good Luck Ania. You may regret that bargain when I come back with your postal order Camel Charmer for the outstanding price of 20p including shipping.

Well then folks I better be off to travel the world. Not forgetting my little partner in crime who, from the picture below, is trying to stow away in the backpack. Keep watching this space for more Marrakech news and I shall chat to you all when I'm back.


Au revoir and thanks for reading once again! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment